Return to Home Page
About This Emblem
This unofficial emblem, designed by author/historian Steven R. Butler for the Sequicentennial (150th anniversary) of the founding of Richardson in 1873, incorporates a steam locomotive like the ones that were used by the Houston & Texas Central Railroad, which was instrumental in the town's establishment, and a depot sign resembling that type that were in use in the late 19th century. The star in the outline map of Texas shows the approximate location of Richardson.
This website copyright © 2021 (except where noted) by Steven Butler, Ph.D. All rights reserved.