- Friday, January 26, 1968: Recruits arrive at NTC to begin "boot camp" training
- Monday, January 29, 1968: Primary training phase begins for Company 68-089, which is housed in new barracks at Camp Nimitz
- Tuesday, January 30, 1968: The Tet Offensive begins in South Vietnam
- Sunday, February 18-Saturday, February 24: Service week in chow hall at Camp Nimitz
- Monday, February 26: Advanced training phase begins for Company 68-089; company poses for group photos and moves to barracks located on main base
- Saturday, March 16: Senator Robert F. Kennedy announces his candidacy for the Democratic nomination for President
- Saturday, March 30: Boot Camp liberty for Company 68-089
- Sunday, March 31: Graduation; President Johnson announces he will not seek another term as President
- Monday, April 1: "9-5" Day; newly-graduated recruits leave NTC for boot camp leave and new duty stations
Please Note: This website is maintained by a veteran who has no official connection with the United States Navy or any government or private organization connected with the United States Navy Training Center, San Diego or any other official entity.
This site launched on February 1, 2015.
This website copyright © 2015 (except where noted) by Steven R. Butler, Ph.D. All rights reserved.