Return to Home Page

Gone But Not Forgotten

Go Back

Return to Tours Home

Fair Park Roller Skating Rink

Fair Park Roller Skating Rink

This skating rink was opened in 1906 in the old machinery hall. It only lasted until 1907, when its contract was allowed to expire after it was learned that it had been used as a front for prositution. In May 1907, there was a incident at the rink, during which Park Police Chief W. O. Winfrey and rink operator P. G. Cameron were wounded by gunfire. A man named Henry Hill was charged with assualt with intent to murder (DMN, June 1, 1907).

Fair Park Roller Skating Rink Ad

This website copyright © 1996-2012 (except where noted) by Steven Butler, Ph.D. All rights reserved.