[Return to Index]
The concrete catwalk shown in this circa 1936 photograph was built in 1910-1911, at the same time the White Rock dam was constructed. For much of the lake's early history, visitors could walk across the catwalk to reach the dam or stand and watch the water rushing underneath after a heavy rain. However, after the dam was raised by 2 and 1/2 feet in 1978, the catwalk, which had been closed to foot traffic for some years previous on account of safety issues, was removed altogether.
This website copyright © 1996 - 2004 (except where noted) by Steven Butler. All rights reserved.