This web site is provided as a free public service by a private citizen who has no official connection with the City of Dallas Park &
Recreation Department or any other organization associated with, or located at, White Rock Lake Park. The site receives no financial support from any entity, commerical or otherwise, and contains no paid advertising. The site's only purposes are to entertain, inform, and educate. Some merchandise is sold but this is primarily to raise funds to help cover the costs of maintaining this site.
All the information this site contains was derived from a wide variety of sources that may or may not be up-to-date or accurate. For that reason, the author cannot assume any responsibility for any incorrect information found herein. Be that as it may, I would still like to know if you discover any information that is inaccurate or out-of-date on this site so that I can take steps to correct it.
All the images on this site (except where noted otherwise) were created by the author. Permission for reproduction of photographs for personal, non-profit, and/or educational use (such as for computer wallpaper or a school report) is hereby granted except that none of the images herein may be displayed on another web site without permission from the owner. Commercial use of any kind without the author's permission is prohibited.
Please send comments or questions to Steven Butler at firstname.lastname@example.org
"Thank Yous" and Acknowledgements
Although neither the City of Dallas nor any of the groups with an interest in White Rock Lake have any official connection with this web site, there are several people that I would like to acknowledge, with grateful thanks, for their advice, research assistance, cooperation, and/or encouragement. They include (in alphabetical order):
- Richard Casey, FTLOTL
- Jay Firsching, Architexas
- David Fisher, Manager, Bath House Cultural Center
- Eliot Greene, son of the late A. C. Greene and fellow WRLP Historian
- Retta Hanie, Publisher, The White Rocker
- Mike Hazel, Editor, Legacies: A Journal of History for Dallas and North Central Texas
- Doug Kerr, FTLOTL
- Kurt Kresinger, Community Activist
- John McCutcheon, Folk Singer
- Maria Richards, FTLOTL
- Rachel Roberts, Archivist, Dallas Historical Society
- David Robertson, Operations Manager, Dallas Water Utilities
- Sally Rodriguez, Dallas Park & Recreation Dept.
- Kathy Mays Smith, Author
- O'Neal Springer, former CCC enrollee
- John Slate, Archivist, City of Dallas
- Mike Stovall, FTLOTL
- Steve Tompkins, FTLOTL
- Marci Winter, FTLOTL
- Randall Winter, FTLOTL
- Willis Winters, Dallas Park & Recreation Dept.
This website copyright © 1996 - 2014 (except where noted) by Steven Butler, Ph.D. All rights reserved.